Sunday, May 20, 2012

Surviving Week 2

Despite the lack of communication on my blog, we did in fact survive week 2 of being parents.  I feel a bit like I'm working through a dense fog of broken sleep or maybe even a coma, but I have made it.
(This is E on Daddy's t-shirt.  Looking forward to watching him grow!)

And it's still worth every bit.  I mean, look at this face!
(Note: Even as I write this, he's being unusually fussy.  I consider this a test of how much Mommy and Daddy don't love sleep as much as we love him.  Oh, and Daddy's holding him.  Didn't want you to think I would neglect my kid to write a blog post...)

So, what exciting things happened this week?

1)  We went to our first restaurant!  While running errands, we stopped at S&B Burgers.  If you're in the OKC area and haven't been, you should check it out.  The food is delicious. (Chili Lime Burger.  Need I say more?) The music is loud.  And baby boy slept the whole time!

2)  E had his first chiropractor visit.  This rookie mom was a bit nervous about taking her new baby to see someone who pops bones and joints for a living, but it was actually a really gentle process.  I've heard about the benefits for a while - preventing ear infections, helping with spitting up and colic, adjustments after the adventure of birth.  My favorite part was that I got to hold E for a majority of the adjustments.  And really, the "adjustments" looked like Dr. Doyle was just massaging E's back.

3)  We got to take E to small group!  At our church, our Sunday School class is composed of three small groups.  Each small group meets every 2-3 weeks.  We all gather at someone's home and enjoy dinner and discussion.  We have been with our small group for four and a half years now.  They have seen us grow from newly married to grieving over a miscarriage to celebrating the birth of Emmitt.  To say that E is an answer to prayer is an understatement.  E has been the answer to many prayers from many people.  That's why I was so excited to share him with our church family.

4)  E is starting to smile more.  It's just in his sleep, and people say it's things like gas bubbles, but I think it's adorable.  I pretend that it's not gas bubbles, but that he's truly cognizant of being happy and content here with us.  Either way, the smiles are cute.

5)  We went on our first walk!




The walk only lasted five minutes, but it was a chance to get some fresh air and test out the stroller.  For the record, E spent the whole walk like you see above - asleep and happy.  The brevity of the walk was due to the fact that rookie mom thought that she has recovered enough to walk for exercise, rather than just around the house or a short trip to the store.   Also for the record, new moms should allow more than a week and a half before they try to walk with purpose and quickness.  Things are still healing, people!


This next week is the last week that Dad is still taking time off work. As of Thursday, Tim goes back to work full time and E and I are truly going to find out what it's like to be a stay-at-home mom for the summer.  Before Dad goes back to the office, we'll have a pediatrician appointment.  I hope we can go on another walk or two. (We'll go more slowly this time.)  I hope we can sleep some.  (We hope that every day!) 

Have a great week! I'm going to try to catch some Zzz's.

~Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment