Friday, June 1, 2012

The Three Uncles

I need to tell you about E's three uncles!  I have two brothers and my husband has one.  There are no sisters, so E currently has no aunts.  (Outnumbered much? Yes!)

First, I want you to meet Uncle Kevin.
He's pictured here with my mother-in-law, Grandma Jill.  We love Kevin because he is such a mix of goofy and calm.  I don't want to say serious, although he can be serious.  Kevin just has this ability to stay cool and light-hearted through life.  One thing I really like about spending time with Kevin and my husband is the relationship they share.  It is so obvious that they are family, that they love each other, and enjoy spending time together.  My prayer is that E and his future siblings - yes, we do want more, just not yet! - will share a similar relationship.  That said, Tim and I have been dating and spending time with each other's family since high school.  I know their relationship went through the same sibling feuds like the rest of us.  This gives me hope for the future when we have bickering children!

Alrighty, next I want to introduce Uncle Andrew.
This is my youngest brother.  He's studying engineering, which means he's smart.  But he's not nerdy!  (I, however, am a math nerd with a decent dose of social awkwardness.)  Andrew, like Kevin, manages to keep things light-hearted.  He also has some really cool interests: He's lived in London during the summers serving as a missionary.  He plays guitar, sings, and I think plays a bit of piano and drums also.  (Seriously?  Mom, why didn't I get those cool genes, too??)  One thing that I really love about my baby brother is his faith.  I have countless memories of him sitting on the couch with a Bible and his journal.  Making time for one-on-one time with God is an area where I struggle.  I have been so grateful for his example.  More than once it has sent me to do the same.  God knew I just needed the reminder! 

Okay, now for the remaining brother: Uncle John!
I will confess that John and I are very different - I'm the academic nerd, he's the intelligent businessman and, like Andrew, knows how to be social without being awkward.  Really, he and Andrew are the cool kids in our family.  (This is my own declaration and not an idea set upon me by family or friends.  Don't want anyone to think I'm neglected by my family!)  I really value the time I spend with John because he has just become such a nice, neat guy to be around.  You see, we didn't really get along until after I moved out and went to college.  Picture oldest child (me) and middle child (him).  Doesn't that sound problem free growing up?

Oh, and the other really fun thing about John?  He's getting married next weekend!  So, the whole matter of E not having any aunts?  Yep.  That's about to be solved!  Can't wait!!

Until next time,
Stephanie
a.k.a Future-Sister-in-Law

No comments:

Post a Comment