Thursday, January 16, 2014

New View

One week ago today I underwent LASIK eye surgery.  And I did it so I could see sunsets like this sans glasses or contacts.
It is amazing to see this with my own vision. No corrective lens needed.

I've been asked several times what my vision is like now.  Well, I grew up watching Doris Day, so here's my comparison for the first few days: It's like everything had that soft Doris Day focus.  If you don't watch Doris Day movies, then maybe you'll recall NCIS episodes where they recount something from the past.  Those scenes also get that soft and glowy touch.  And if you don't watch Doris Day movies or NCIS but are still reading this blog, then let me just say thank you for being my friend.  I'm sure we have something in common.

The soft touch has faded away as the week has passed, by the way.  I appreciate that.  I felt like I was walking through memories and was waiting for the Ghost of Christmas Past to arrive and show me all the places I've gone wrong in life. 

So, what have I done to celebrate the 1 week mark? Other than excitedly apply my eye shadow this morning? (Side note: You can't wear eye make-up for a week following your surgery.)

I got my hair cut! (Thank you to Tim for picking up E after work so I could go!)  
My first picture without glasses and with make-up!  


 Maybe it's just me, but it can be hard to give myself permission for a haircut.  I feel like I have to work or I need to cook dinner or I need to stay with Emmitt.  I wonder if this is a mom thing or if it's just me. (I'm hoping it's not just me.)

 The cherry on top was coming home to a kiss from this doodle bug - while he was covered in pizza sauce and parmesan cheese.

"Kiss me, momma! There's not food on my face anywhere!"
 At the end of the day, haircut or not, glasses or not, he is such a bright spot.  If I ever do get to walk down memory lane with a silent, brooding spirit, his smile will appear often.
Bath time!

Over and out,

Rookie Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment